Sunday, June 5, 2011

Positively Campaign (or my happiness project)

Yesterday marked a year since the break-up of something I thought I really wanted. I looked over last years notes and decided those were not the words I wanted so publically on display. Something I criticize others for on Facebook. Mea culpa.

I've had a fairly smooth sailing life in the last year as far as relationships go (friendships and other) - except for work. As I learned last year - I fall into the category of cognitive distortion: meaning I get over agitated by perceiving my relationships incorrectly. I may over analyze, fear the worst. I may wait for the other shoe to drop.

This last year I'm in a new job - the workplace is a frustrated place with lots of ambiguity. I'm a project manager - a logical and often linear thinker. If I don't see clarity in my path - I get thrown off.

So - I'm working on a self-campaign to work on my own distortions.

Some of the campaign will be physical. In order to trick the brain into re-thinking - I need to be in better physical health.
a) eat the best brain foods that have MUFA's
b) vitamins k, D, complex B's
c) daily exercise - even if it's just 20 minutes
d) energy work - tapping, breathing, essential oils for serenity & immune boosting
e) brain wave therapy
f) do I need a maintenance boost from Nina or Jolene?

Then I need to exercise my yet poorly practiced cognitive re-awareness
a) am I over analyzing?
b) am I assuming the worst?
c) review the ANTS list (to be discussed later)

What about my financial health - that affects how I feel
a) debt elimination
b) savings - long and short term

Spiritual Health
a) church and service work on track?
b) prayer & meditation
c) scripture reading

More later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment