Monday, January 25, 2010

Fit after 40... oh crap!

For years I've been fairly small, petite-ish, havent had to worry about my weight because I was quite active and didn't have a ton of food hang-ups. Worst thing is I adore rice, pasta & bread - and I used to drink occasionally.

Since 39, I have dropped drinking, watched my carbos for the most part - my work life balance is out of whack - and in the last 3 or so years, I know my metabolism is slowing and my exercise routine is scattery. My doctor even said - your metabolism is not good - bad cholesterol is up - get back to the gym!

The last 2 months - I have had a constant 3x a week YMCA visit complete with at least 40 cardio minutes plus weights, abs, squats and weight lifting. Probably another 2 days I do a modest yoga/pilates routine or walk. This has resulted in NO CHANGES. My clothes are not looser, the scale yawns at me - where am I going wrong?

Probably drinking more water through the day is advisable.

So I read about boosting your metabolism after 40 - the word is more smaller meals fed into the machine keeps it constantly burning. I suppose it is worth a try.

Did I mention I'm not good at daily maintenance? Dishes often wait, dust bunnies fly, I don't even take a multi-vitamin. So lady - make some changes or stop complaining.

Birthdays!!! ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment