Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Summer 2009

Summer is my season.
My skin doesn't know it, but we love long sunshiny days, coastal breezes that sneak over the hills to cool us in the evening, summer foods (watermelon, lemonade, growing a garden (I'm not good at it)), Ed my Japanese maple is all green and shady in the front yard, I take walks after dark - await the 4th of July parade and party and fireworks, summer concerts, fairs & festivals....

I love that people are out more. Love that we get our important vitamins A & D just by being outside - and hopefully - find a bit more joy than in the chill and darkness of the winter. I was born in the winter and learned to cope with harshness - but the summer does my heart good.

Namaste everybody - lets have a great summer. And I wouldn't mind it one tiny bit if the great love of my life showed up about now.... I'm just saying

No comments:

Post a Comment